Join in Toronto’s 2nd annual Zero Waste Fair
this Sat 11May2019 11am-6pm
happening as a part of the 7th annual
taking place along Queen St W from Roncesvalles to Dufferin!
Visit the Zero Waste Fair itself in
zone “K” on the festival map,
it’s the outdoor
1258 Queen St W
(the first block betwn Dufferin & Noble streets)
Toronto, ON M6K 1L3
● reusable cloth gift wrapping demos by Sophi of Your Eco Friend & Toronto Tool Library in time for Mothers Day,
● DIY fun rugmaking interactive activity for all ages by Creative Reuse Toronto showing how to upcycle textiles,
● hand mending of your items that need minor repair (like buttons or patches) by Parkdale Sewing Repair Hub,
● interactive mini workshops on baby wearing, cloth diapering & more by Doulas On Bikes,
● electronics donation drop off with local social enterprise Free Geek Toronto,
● tiny toy pieces collection drop off to be upcycled by Tiny Toy Co.,
● new unused travel size toiletries donation drop off for Sistering 24 Hour Drop In, &
● new unused nonperishable food items donation & grocery bags drop off for Parkdale Community Food Bank,
● plus a swap at The Grand Trunk,
+ Learn more about:
● food waste & how to reduce yours, with Second Harvest,
● plastics laws changes coming & opportunities to take action with Toronto Environmental Alliance,
● compost, local edible gardens & not for profit Good Food Market, + the plans for a local food forest & more with Greenest City,
● rain gardens & more with Toronto Green Community;
● The Waste Wizard, TO Waste app, 3R’s Ambassador program, Free PollinateTO native plant kits, Home Energy Loan Program, & more with Live Green Toronto,
& more zero waste related exhibitors will sprinkled through the festival too:
– learn more about helping promote better cycling infrastructure & safer cycling with Ward 4 Bikes, &
bike for a tune up in the Cycling Zone, &
clothes for a swap at The Grand Trunk (%)
Check out also the Parkdale Flea Market, Little Tibet Market, Kids Zone, sidewalk sales & festivities, musicians, food & more! (%)
P.S. while you’re in Parkdale check out Chartreuse Style for bath brushes, wool dryer balls & more too! (%)
To summarize ->
Bring your –
● bike for a tuneup with Bike Pirates in the Cycling Zone¹
● sealed unused nonperishable food items &/or grocery bags – if it happens you have any you won’t use – for donation to Parkdale Community Food Bank²
● freshly laundered textiles that need minor repair like buttons & patches for hand-mending with Parkdale Sewing Repair Hub²
● electronics for drop off to local social enterprise Free Geek Toronto³
● tiny toy pieces for upcycling by Tiny Toy Co.⁴ ☼
● sealed unused travel size toiletries – if it happens you have any you won’t use – for donation to Sistering 24 Hour Drop In⁵ ☼
● clean reusable containers to fill when you shop the package free pop up onsite that day by bare market, Toronto Tool Library & The Upcyclery, including bulk cleaners, bodycare, soaps, zero waste lunch & household goods & more alternatives to single use plastics too (or get some containers there)! ***
● at Enviroparenting Demos at Zero Waste / Parkdale Sidwalk Festival including cloth diapering, baby wearing & more in interactive mini workshops with Doulas On Bikes (see their mini workshops schedule for Sat May 11 here https://www.facebook.com/events/340139436683636/ )
● how to reuse textiles & make DIY rugs in a fun interactive all ages activity with Creative Reuse Toronto²
● how to compost & grow local urban food & food security, plus tour the local edible community gardens, & see the plans for a local food forest with Greenest City²
● about campaigns with Toronto Environmental Alliance for a green, healthy & equitable city with economic activity that sustains our environment including on:
○ waste reduction, air quality, climate change, the greenbelt, toxics, & more, &
○ single use plastics policy changes coming from various levels of government & opportunities to take action to show your support for changes!
● about Secondhand Sunday that happens the last Sunday in April & September in Toronto! ☼
● info about Repair Café Toronto & how you can help promote a culture of repair! ☼
● about green & waste programs & services available through the City with Live Green Toronto² like the:
○ 3R’s Ambassador program for multi-residential buildings
○ Home Energy Loan Program (HELP) for homeowners to help save money on energy bills by making improvements to reduce energy use
○ and more!
~ ~ ~
Thank you to everyone in advance for your help in reducing waste at this event, please B.Y.O. (Bring Your Own) containers, cups, cutlery, napkin, & straw if possible, and otherwise “recycle right’ & avoid littering to help show some love for Parkdale and planet Earth & reduce necessary clean up efforts post-event.
~ ~ ~
All the exhibitors we’ve mentioned above are located
at the Zero Waste Fair in zone “K” at the festival
unless we noted specifically that they are located in a another zone at the festival.
~ ~ ~
¹ The Cycling Zone is zone “G” on the map.
² The Community Zone is zone “I” on the map & includes (among other exhibitors) also:
○ Creative Reuse Toronto
○ Green Parkdale & Roncesvalles
○ Greenest City
○ Live Green Toronto
○ Parkdale Community Food Bank
○ Parkdale Sewing Repair Hub &
○ Toronto Green Community
³ Which items are accepted for drop off to Free Geek Toronto?
⁴ Which items are accepted at the Zero Waste Fair for upcycling by Tiny Toy Co.?
⁵ Which items are being accepted at the Zero Waste Fair for donation to Sistering 24 Hour Drop In?
○ travel size: shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, body lotion, & body wash (no mouthwash or razors). ☼
*** For an example of some of the selection that will be available at
the package free pop up visit
bare market – https://baremarket.ca/pages/product-list &
be sure to check out also
the reusable upcycled alternatives to single use plastics such as
produce bags, totes, cutlery kits, cotton rounds, beeswax foodwraps, knit dishcloths, nut milk bags, & handkerchiefs
handmade by local maker TheUpcyclery who will be onsite too!
⁷ Can you let me know more about the PollinateTO free Native Plant Kits?
☼ Find items noted above with this sign & more at @ Zero Waste Hub Toronto‘s booth!
(%) Where are Chartreuse Style, Parkdale Flea, & The Grand Trunk at Spring into Parkdale? They’re between zones “A” & “B” on the map.
Can you also let me know more about the swap @ The Grand Trunk? –
~ ~ ~
Follow us on social media @0wasteTO!
~ ~ ~
For more info about the larger festival itself please visit
~ ~ ~
The Zero Waste Fair is brought to you by
Zero Waste Hub Toronto
with special thanks to the following for their support:
~ ~ ~
~ Thank you and enjoy! ~